Sunday, November 16, 2008

NEWvember update!

It's November...and eight weeks since my last post! Where does the time go? Lots has been happening in the world and I have to admit that I have been very distracted by the news lately. But, I will not talk politics here! Suffice to say, I have been in my home state of Florida for a few weeks and we are all feeling very BLUE (yay!) here -- and it has nothing to do with the economy.

Now...back to the business of JEWELRY!  The Museum of Arts & Design (MAD) in NYC reopened in late September in their new beautiful Columbus Circle location.  They have a very strong focus on jewelry, with a 2nd floor permanent gallery that has been underwritten by Tiffany & Co.  Their inaugural exhibition, Elegant Armor, highlights the post-WWII studio jewelry movement. If you have a chance to visit MAD, this collection of pieces is a must-see for any jewelry afficionado. While you're there, be sure to visit The Store to check out the jewelry for sale.  My work is there, along with a very well edited collection of jewels and functional art & objects.   

I have two upcoming trunk shows that I hope some of you will be able to attend.  The first is at Citrine in Bronxville, New York, December 5 & 6. The second is at Hotham Jewels in Charlotte, NC, December 19 & 20.  

I have lots of new work coming along for 2009 - so check back soon for a new post with pics.




No comments: